It’s easy to enable or disable Read Receipts on messages that are sent to your iPhone. Below are the steps needed to enable or disable Read Receipts for your iPhone for all Contacts and for specific Contacts.
Enable or Disable Read Receipts On iPhone
In previous version of iOS (prior to iOS 10), users could enable Read Receipts on All Contacts or disable Read Receipts For All Contacts on their iPhone.
It was apparent that the Read Receipts feature on iPhone functioned in a global manner and there was not a method to enable Read Receipts for certain selected Contacts, and disable them for all other contacts.
Presently, iPhone provides the option to enable and disable the ability to read receipts for each Contact on the basis of a case-by-case.
1. Enable Read Receipts for All Contacts On iPhone
All you have to do to enable read receipts for all contacts on the iPhone will be to open Settings > Messages, and then move the switch next to the Send Read Receipts ON .
This will let all your contacts to know whether you have actually read their messages.
2. Enable Read Receipts for Individual Contacts On iPhone
To enable Read Receipts on Individual Contacts, you’ll need to first deactivate the option to send Read Receipts to your iPhone and then manually enable Read Receipts on selected individual Contacts.
1. Go to Settings > Messages > shift up the slide next to the Send Read Receipts Off Position.
2. Next, open the Messages app and choose any message from the contact you wish to enable Read Receipts.
3. On Contacts screen Tap on the name of Contacts and then tap the “i” icon.
4. On the next screen, adjust the slider adjacent to Send Read Receipts Read to ON and then tap Done.
Repeat steps 1 through 4 above, if there are any other individual contacts you would like to allow Reading Receipts to for.
3. Disable Read Receipts for All Contacts On iPhone
Click Settings, then Messages, then shift the slider to Send Read Receipts Off Position.
After that, none your contacts will be able to tell whether or not they have been able to read their messages.
4. Disable Read Receipts For Individual Contacts On iPhone
To turn off Read Receipts on individual Contacts, you’ll have first enable Read Receipts for all contacts in Your iPhone and then turn off Read Receipts on individual Contacts on a casing-by-casing basis.
1. Go to Settings > Messages, then shift the toggle next Send Read Receipts for Reading to the ON Position.
2. Next, open the Messages app and choose any Message from the contact you wish to disable Reading Receipts.
3. On Contacts screen Tap on Contacts Name , then tap the “i” icon.
4. On the next screen, adjust the slider to the right of Send Read Receipts for Reading to an OFF position, then tap Done.
Follow steps 1 through 4 above, in the event you wish to disable the ability to read receipts for additional contacts.