Change User Account Profile Picture on Mac – If you’re like the majority of users, then you are using the identical User Account Profile Image that you chose when installing your Mac. It is fortunately, it is easy to modify the profile picture of your User on your Mac by replacing it with your personal Photo or another Custom image.
Change User Account Profile Picture On Mac
Your Mac lets you select an image for your Profile when you set it up to the first time and in addition, when you sign up for an A New Account. Most users pick among the standard Profile Pictures as provided by Apple and continue to use the identical Profile Picture.
But, the accessibility that you can see of your Profile Picture is not only restricted to you, since it is possible that your Profile Picture can be seen by others who use Airdrop. So, it’s possible to change your Profile Picture of your User Account in your Mac to show your character.
You are able to choose any of the default Images which are accessible on your Mac You can also upload your own image or any other image you want to use as your User Profile Picture for your Account on your Mac.
Change Profile Picture On Mac Using Default Images
Follow these steps to change your User Account Profile image on your Mac by using your default Apple Provided Images.
Choose the account you wish you wish to change from the left (choose the user you are currently using to alter your own) You must be granted administrator privileges to modify profiles of other users.
1. Click on the Apple Icon in the top menu bar of your Mac and then click System Preferences in the drop-down menu.
2. On the System Preferences screen, select the Groups & Groups option.
3. On the Users and Groups screen Click to select your user name on the left sidebar menu , and then move your mouse over the current Profile Image. There will be a words Edit appear on your profile Picture Click on it. (See the image below)
4. As you click on Edit, you’ll be presented with a pop-up window that provides you with a variety of options to choose your profile image from (See the image below).
You can choose every image you want from Defaults Folder, or Search for an Image using the Photos app. Browse through the complete Photos Library on Mac and pick any image that fits your personal style.
5. Once you find the correct image, simply click on the image, then click Save (See the image above)
NOTE: You can also select Photo booth and create a new photo
Change User Account Profile Picture On Mac Using Custom Images.
If you do not prefer to use any of the default Profile Pictures as provided by Apple you are able to choose your personal Photo or any other Custom images as your User Profile Picture of your Account on Mac.
1. Download the Custom Image onto your Mac. According to your preference you can put this image downloaded on your desktop of your Mac or save it in a folder.
2. Next, click on the Apple Icon in the top menu bar of your Mac and then click System Preferences from the drop-down menu.
3. On the System Preferences screen click on users & Groups option.
4. On the Users and Groups Screen Click on your username in the menu on the left sidebar and Drag the Custom Image from your Desktop or any folder within your Mac onto the current profile Image.
5. The Dragged image will now be displayed it as the profile image for the User account on Mac.