The IP address is the specific number assigned to identify your phone or computer within the network. If you want to, you can change IP Address by through a variety of ways as described below.
Change IP Address on Computer and Phone
Each device on the office or home networks that is connected to the web is provided with a unique identification code called the IP Address (Internet Protocol Address).
It is generally accepted that the internal IP address of phones, computers and other devices connected via the web is assigned via the DHCP Server which is generally the Modem/Router..
The External IP address of the Modem/Router that connects you to the internet at your Office or Home is managed through an Internet Service Provider (ISP) Internet Service Provider.
Your IP Address will only be viewed only by the devices that are connected to your home or Office WiFi Network While your External IP Address may be observed by other users online on the Internet.
How to Change External IP Address?
The most secure method to change your IP Address is using VPN Services however, you may also look at other options, as explained below.
1. Switch Networks
The easiest way to change Your IP address is by connecting to the Internet via another network.
For instance, if you’re currently connected to the Home or Office Wi-Fi Network, you can change your IP Address by switching to a Cellular Network.
2. Switch OFF Modem/Router
Another method of changing IP Address is to turn off power supply to modem/router, then switch it back on after five minutes.
If you’re lucky Your Internet Service Provider might assign a new IP address to your router, since it is removed from internet.
It is, however, better to verify this by entering “What is My IP” in Chrome or any other browser you’re using on your personal computer.
Tips: If the IP Address is not changing you can leave the router off for a longer period of time.
3. Hide IP Address Using VPN
If the purpose behind changing your IP address is to allow access to restricted services or bypass surveillance, then you must utilize an VPN service.
An VPN (Virtual Private Network) completely conceals your IP Address from Internet and lets you access the Internet by using an alternate IP Address determined to you by your VPN the service providers.
How to Change Internal IP Address?
As stated above The Internal IP Address of your phone, computer and other devices connected to the internet will only be viewed by devices that are connected with Your WiFi Network.
If you wish, you can alter the IP address of your computer or phone at any time through the Settings on your device.
1. Change IP Address on Mac
You can alter the two last digits of the last two digits of your IPV4 number at any point from the Mac through the procedure in the following.
This alters the IP Address completely, which can enable you to unlock Your IP Address and get around firewalls.
1. Click on the Apple Logo in top-menu bar and then select System Preferences from the drop-down menu.
2. On System Preferences screen, select the Network Tab.
3. On the next screen, select the network (WiFi or Ethernet) from the menu on the left and then click Advanced.
4. On the next screen, choose TCP/IP and then click the Configure IPv4 Down Arrow and then select the manual option.
After that Copy the Router’s IP Address to the IPv4 Address field, and then replace the number you to any number between one to 255.
Note: The 3 initial numbers within your Internet Protocol Address have to match that of your Router IP Address.
2. Change IP Address on iPhone or iPad
You can also change the last two numbers in the IPv4 address using your iPhone and iPad.
1. Go to Settings > WiFi > click to connect your WiFi Network.
2. On the next screen, scroll to the “IPV4 ADDRESS” section and take note of the IP Address of the Router.
Note down your Subnet Mask Address and the number that is the last set of the current Internet Protocol Address (12 in the above scenario).
3.On the same screen and in the same section, tap on the Configure IP button.
4. On the next screen, choose the Manual option > Type in the Router IP Address Subnet Mask Address, IP Address, and then tap Save.
The 3 numbers set that are the first in the new IP Address (168.175.0 in this case) must be identical to the IP address of Router. Only the last number Set can be changed with any number ranging from 1 to 256.
3. Change IP Address on Android Phone or Tablet
Many Android phones allow you to easily modify your IPV4 addresses by changing the two last two digits of the IP address.
1. Go to Settings > WiFi > click on the Current Network.
2. Navigate to Advanced > DHCP and tap on Static.
3. On the next screen, you can only change the last two numbers of your current IP Address.
4. Make sure you click Save in order to store this modification to your phone.
4. Change IP Address On Windows Computer
Before you begin the steps required to change your IP address on your Windows computer, it is necessary to record your Router’s IP address (Default Gateway Entry) and Subnet mask address.
1. Open Command Prompt > type ipconfig/all then hit Enter.
2. Once the command is executed, go through into the entries and write the Subnet Mask Address and the DHCP Server Address (Router IP Address).
3. Close the Command Prompt window.
4. Open Settings on your computer , and then click Network & Internet.
5. On the next screen, select the Network (WiFi as well as Ethernet) on the left-hand side. In the right-hand pane scroll down until you click on the Change adapter settings link in “Related Settings”.
6. On the next screen, right-click on the currently active network (WiFi or Ethernet) and then click Properties.
7. On the next screen, choose Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and then click Properties.
8.On IPv4 properties screen choose this IP Address option. Then, enter the default Gateway (DHCP Server Address) Subnet Mask address and a new IP Address and click OK.
NOTE: The first 3 numbers set in the The New IP Address Field must match the Router’s IP address or default Gateway entry. You are able to change the last number set by any number between 1 and 256.